Prashant Poojary murder- Police arrest man at Mumbai airport

Prashant Poojary murder- Police arrest man at Mumbai airport

Mangaluru, Oct 24: Addressing a press meet at commissioner’s office in city on Saturday, October 24, Alok Mohan the additional director general of police (ADGP) revealed that the police have arrested one more person at Mumbai airport in relation to Prashant Shetty murder in Moodbidri.

The arrested person is Mohammed Imthiaz (40) from Gantalkatte. ADGP said that Mohammed Imthiaz is believed to be one of the conspirators in the murder.

Addressing the media Alok Mohan said “Commissioner and Mangaluru city police have done a good job. Police have already arrested 8 people regarding the murder of flower vendor and Bajrang Dal activist Prashanth Poojary in Moodbidri. Mohammed Imthiaz was arrested yesterday at Bombay airport while he was trying to flee to Dubai. Teams have been formed and police will arrest the remaining accused at the earliest. Police department will not spare any criminal. Criminal is a criminal irrespective of religion. It is just a matter of time before all are arrested. But no criminal will be spared.”

On being asked by the media about the involvement of some organizations in the murder, Alok Mohan said “There are few arrests yet to be made in this case. Once we arrest all the culprits, investigation will reveal the facts.”

On the provocative statements circulating on social media he said “All the crimes related to Internet come under information technology (IT) act. Internet is an ocean and police are monitoring everything possible. If anything objectionable is found, we request the public to inform the police officials. Strict action will be taken against trouble makers.”

On being asked about the allegation of biased investigation by police department, ADGP denied the allegation and said “The case is being investigated by a team of police officials and there is a hierarchy in the department. Thus there is no point of biased investigation and police personnel work according to the law. Relatives and friends of accused will feel that the accused is innocent but police will not arrest anybody without evidence. There are strict guidelines from the supreme court which we follow.”

He also said “Police officials are committed to maintain peace. Hence they have acted swiftly and arrested the culprits in the minimum time. I want to warn the anti- social elements that if anybody takes law into their hands, strict action will be taken against them according to the law”.

On being asked about the political pressure, he said “Government has given us free hand. There has been no interference from anybody”.

IGP, Amrith Pal, superintendent of police Sharanappa and police commissioner S Murugan were present in the press meet. 

http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_disp.asp?n_id=364792

Chhota Rajan arrested in Indonesia after two decades on the run

Chhota Rajan arrested in Indonesia after two decades on the run

Jakarta, Oct 26 (Zee News): Acting on a tip-off from the Australian Police, the Indonesian authorities on Sunday arrested Indian fugitive Rajendra Sadashiv Nikalje, better known as Chhota Rajan.

Wanted in a number of murder cases, Rajan was on Sunday detained as he arrived in the popular resort island of Bali from Sydney.

Bali police spokesman Heri Wiyanto, meanwhile, told news agency AFP that the 55-year-old Rajan had been on the run for two decades, with Interpol flagging him as a wanted man back in 1995.

“We received information from police in Canberra yesterday (Sunday) about the red notice for a murderer,” he told AFP.

“We arrested the man at the airport yesterday (Sunday). What we know is that this man was suspected to have carried out 15 to 20 murders in India.”

Bali police were coordinating with Interpol and Indian authorities, Wiyanto said, adding it was likely Rajan would be deported to India.

A spokesperson for Australian Federal Police said Interpol in Canberra had alerted Indonesian authorities “who apprehended Nikalje at the request of Indian authorities”.

The federal police confirmed last month that Nikalje was living in Australia under another identity and had been in discussions with Indian authorities, the spokesperson said, but would not provide further details.

Interpol’s website states that Rajan was born in Mumbai, and was wanted for multiple charges including murder and possession and use of illegal firearms.

The 55-year-old Rajan was arrested on the CBI’s request, the investigating agency’s director Anil Sinha confirmed after hours of confusion over the arrest.

http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_disp.asp?n_id=365146

“At the request of CBI (interpol) India, the Bali police has arrested an Indian national, Mohan Kumar, alias Rajendra Sadashiv Nikalje alias Chhota Rajan. The CBI has been pursuing the matter with Australian authorities. This is a good and close cooperation between India, Australia and Indonesia,” the CBI said.

Girl confined, raped for 40 days; rescued

Girl confined, raped for 40 days; rescued

JAIPUR: An 18-year-old girl was rescued by Sanganer police from a contractor who had confined him to his house in Mansarovar for 40 days and allegedly raped her several times in Sanganer area.

The girl alleged that the accused kept her drugged. The police admitted the girl in a hospital after she fled the house and informed the police on Monday.

According to police, the girl was missing from her house, a resident of Shyopur. She called up the police from a place near Dhanwantari Hospital requesting them to rescue her. Police found her in a semi-conscious state due to drugs and injuries on her body.

In her statement to the police, the girl stated that she met one Giriraj Bairwa on May 27. “Giriraj, a contractor, offered her job at a construction site and took her along with him to a house in Mansarovar. He drugged her there using psychotropic substance, so that she could not rescue. The girl says that he raped her every day,” said a police officer.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/jaipur/Girl-confined-raped-for-40-days-rescued/articleshow/47980182.cms

Kottakkal sex scandal gets murkier

Kottakkal sex scandal gets murkier

MALAPPURAM: The sex scandal involving a Kottakkal family became murkier on Tuesday with the police detaining a 19-year-old for allegedly raping his stepsisters—aged 12 and 11—and nine-year-old stepbrother.

The detained youth’s mother (37) and stepfather (50) were arrested on Monday, based on the 12-year-old girl’s complaint that they had forced her into flesh trade and presented to over 40 persons during the past two years. Some of the abusers, police said, were prominent persons in and around Kottakkal.

The girl’s ordeal came to light when the Class VI student confided the matter to Malappuram Childline counsellors, who visited her school on Monday. She reportedly told them that her mother was expanding the illicit trade in collusion with local agents.

Following the revelation, the girl was shifted to the social justice department-run shelter home on Monday itself. She was produced before a court on Tuesday after a medical examination, which confirmed rape.

Childline officials said the girl’s father—a driver-cum-marriage broker—solicited customers by showing them the 12-year-old’s photograph, and charged them anywhere between Rs 3,000 and Rs 5,000.

Police have charged her parents under sections 5 and 6 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO) Act, Section 376 and 354 of IPC and Section 23 of the Juvenile Justice Act.

Childline volunteers Muhsin Pari, Ruby Raj, Rashid Tirur and Rajish Babu, who visited her house on Tuesday, was in for another shock when the girl’s 11-year-old sister accused her stepbrother of raping her for “more than 100 times” in the past two years. The younger boy, too, said he had been sodomized by the same man.

Police said the youth abused the children with the knowledge of their parents. “We have confirmed that the minor girl had been abused by her brother. He has been detained and his arrest will be recorded soon,” district Childline coordinator Anwar Karakkadan said.

The arrested man is the woman’s second husband, and they have five children, Karakkadan said. The woman have another two children, including the detained youth, from her first husband, whose whereabouts were not immediately known. Except her eldest 24-year-old daughter, the remaining six lived with her.

Childline has now shifted all the children, the youngest aged four, to the shelter home. Though the couple claimed that they got married 15 years ago, they could not produce a certificate.

The district police chief, meanwhile, convened a meeting on Tuesday and asked Tirur DSP to monitor the case. The family had shifted from Kozhikode to a rented accommodation in Kottakkal three years ago, police said.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/thiruvananthapuram/Kottakkal-sex-scandal-gets-murkier/articleshow/47980269.cms