5 of a family consume poison, 2 die
JAIPUR: Five members of a family including two children allegedly consumed poisonous substance in Vidhyadhar Nagar’s SWHO Colony. While two of them, an elderly couple, were found dead in the house, their son and two grandchildren were admitted to a hospital. Their condition is stated to be critical.
The police are learnt to have found a suicide note in which it was stated that the family was taking the step because of adverse circumstances. The police are trying to find out if the children were aware that the cold drink they were consuming was laced with poison. According to the police, the deceased were identified as SS Kedia (68) and his wife Pushpa Devi (65).
They lived in a rented accommodation with their son Vinit Kedia, daughter-in-law Anisha and two grandchildren Vedika (14) and Vedant (11).
A police officer said that Anisha had left for her parents’ house in Vaishali Nagar at around 11 am on Thursday. When she returned in the evening, she found the doors locked. On not getting any response, she called her husband on his cellphone. Finally she entered the house from a door in the rear part of the house after getting no response and found all the family members lying unconscious.
With the help of neighbours, Anisha rushed the family members to a private hospital where the doctors declared the elderly couple brought dead.