Mangaluru: Home-alone elderly lady charred to death in accidental fire

Mangaluru: Home-alone elderly lady charred to death in accidental fire

Mangaluru, Mar 1: In a tragic incident, an elderly home-alone lady was charred to death in an accidental fire at her house at Saripalla, Kulshekar here in the wee hours of Sunday March 1. The incident came to light in the morning.

The deceased has been identified as Louisa Pereira (72). She was unmarried and staying alone.

It is said that the fire sparked off after a kerosene lantern next to her bed fell on the floor while she was asleep. The fire immediately engulfed her bed and she was unable to escape. Police sources also said there were a lot of wooden sticks in the house.

Her body was completely charred in the fire.

It is said that Louisa had not been well and had been in hospital a few days back.

A case has been registered in Kankanady rural police station.

http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_disp.asp?n_id=300670

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s